TRUE FOCUS with my H3D2-31

Previous topic - Next topic

rollsman

I just purchased this camera and I want to get the Best images from it. What is True Focus and is it available with my camera?  Also, I want to use Phocus instead of LR4 but not sure about making adjustments in Phocus and then send them over to LR in Tiff format.
   Tiff files are big and I want to make prints from either LR or from Phocus.  I upload them to a Professional lab. Should I  down load them to the lab in JPEG or Tiff?   Thank you
Dennis mansour

NickT

I don't believe you can have true focus with your model:

http://www.hasselbladusa.com/promotions/apl.aspx

Make you major adjustments in Phocus then use lightroom to manage the resulting TIFFS. I have RAWs and Tiffs on separate drives for this reason.
Once you have tweaked the files to your liking then upload them to the lab as jpg 12s (Best quality). Just be sure not to re-save jogs after editing as it will degrade them.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

rollsman

Hi Nick, thank you very much.  I need to dive in to the Phocus program to learn how to use it.  Then I will Move my corrected images to LR 4 and then download jpeg to lab.    This really helps me .  Rollsman
Dennis mansour

rollsman

Hi Nick, you are correct. No True Focus.  Thank you   Dennis
   Question :   I was reading about how sometimes the focus is a little off and it was recommended to adjust the mirror delay to at least 100ms  Can you tell me about that.  Thank you,  Dennis
Dennis mansour

NickT

That's not to do with focus but rather to reduce vibrations from the mirror, I have mine set at 100ms and don't notice the lag at all.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano