H4D wishlist

Previous topic - Next topic

Dustbak

Wireless only for the preview and the file being written to CF? I doubt any currently wireless technology being able to transmit large files rapidly enough. I would also love to have a connector as well as cable as the 'old' Ixpress backs. These were really well designed a difference of night and day between the current FW connections and cables.

Alex Maxim

Quote from: Derek Jecxz on June 29, 2009, 08:20:50 PM
Quote from: Oleksiy on June 29, 2009, 02:02:41 PM
Will it work with H3DII?

Yes, I think those are the extra thick firewire cabls, so it should be compatible. I'm pretty sure Hugh likes the thick cables.

I want one of these then. I hate the cables, though. And the way they are plugged into ears... There has to be another way to transmit images.

gss

Dual card slots with the ability to save to both.

mauro risch

Yeah,
Dual card slots would be fantastic.
www.maurorisch.com
    0430 383 588

Michael H. Cothran

I'd like to go beyond multi-point AF, to being able to set the focus point ANYWHERE on the screen, simply by shifting the AF point with the 4 arrows.
Same goes for Spot metering. I'd like to be able to shift the metering circle to ANYWHERE on the screen via the 4 arrows.
In this age, I don't think that's asking too much.

Dustbak

I tend to think we got exactly this with TF? At least I feel I can focus anyplace in the viewfinder with my H4D.

Michael H. Cothran

"True focus" is an improvement over the AF and AE locks that have been around for many years, but still requires one to recompose by moving the camera for one or the other. I'm talking about having the camera secured and locked down on a tripod to begin with, and then being able to focus or meter anywhere in the picture area, simply by moving a "cursor" on the LCD window. You can do this with a tethered Hassy in Phocus now. I'd like to see it on the LCD screen of the DB for use untethered in the field. Canon offers this technology, untethered, on at least some of their models.

Alex Maxim

You can't wish it for H4D. But maybe one day we'll have this feature.

Dustbak

Yes, as soon as we have live view on screen it should be possible. Which allegedly is difficult to do with CCD sensors.

Maybe Nick should rename this wishlist the H5D wishlist, or we could start a new thread :)

brian

Quote from: mauro risch on May 15, 2008, 12:06:58 PM
Wireless file transmitter from the back to the Mac, just like the TF-1 from Canon

or like the H6D - why can't this be an accessory, like the GIL?

NickT

Quote from: Dustbak on March 10, 2012, 09:21:56 PM

Maybe Nick should rename this wishlist the H5D wishlist, or we could start a new thread :)

I don't think I can! Go ahead ahead and start a new wishlist, I do know that Hasselblad look at these threads.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

eyedear

I have only one wish for h4d. To be able to adjust the ISO and white balance without taking my eyes off the viewfinder

Alex

Just wish one could custom calibrate the spirit level / virtual horizon for not just one orientation - it's a bit half baked.