H4D wishlist

Previous topic - Next topic

hcubell

A 4" LCD screen with the resolution of the LCD on the Nikon D3. I had the opportunity to look at the LCD on the D3 last week. It's just on a whole other level from the H3D and even the H3D II, and on a camera that costs 1/6 of the Hasselblad.

HughGilbert

Second the black body, and lets remove all the reflective stuff off the camera front too please.

Live view on the camera back!

A second point of fixture on the side of the camera for bubble level etc

Janne H.

Faster continuous shooting capture rate.
Shutter in camera body.
Faster lenses wihtout shutter!!

DenisM

Quote from: HughGilbert on September 06, 2008, 10:49:36 PM
Second the black body, and lets remove all the reflective stuff off the camera front too please.

Totally agree on this score.

Really would have thought it was obvious and Hasselblad should have had it from the off.

D.

MQ

Live video.. well,

It offers convenience only with to take a photography of products.

Live video's reaction rate is too slow.. :'(
:-)

Alex Maxim

Faster and smarter autofocus.
Shorter boot up time.
What about a fast wireless transmitter?

MQ

Quote from: wmepp on May 17, 2008, 10:54:36 AM
Mirror up button from phocus!
Mirror up is avaliable on Phocus  :)
:-)

jungwy73

Alastair Bird

...an option to have the LCD on the camera show the current capture even if you're shooting tethered.  I often can't see the monitor - it's either out of my view or surrounded by gawkers looking at the screen.

NickT

Yep Alastair I've asked for this one a few times!
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Alex Maxim

Quote from: Alastair Bird on June 24, 2009, 06:59:00 AM
...an option to have the LCD on the camera show the current capture even if you're shooting tethered.  I often can't see the monitor - it's either out of my view or surrounded by gawkers looking at the screen.

I wonder if it can be done for H3DII?

HughGilbert

And how about, if hasselblad is wedded to FW800... lets have a hasselblad lead that is light enough to be able to use the connections.

The available FW800 leads are all too heavy, bulky and over engineered for the laptop sockets and the camera.

The old Imacon connector did seem to marry the best of both worlds, light and strong....

ALl best

Hugh

NickT

People either loved or hated the old Imacon connector, I loved it, but many complained that if it failed you couldn't easily get a replacement (I used to carry spares but what do I know).
As for wireless I don't think there's the necessary bandwidth yet even with Wimax, I suspect you'd get a suntan if you were standing between the camera and computer when it was transmitting..
Nick-T

NickT

I'm able to share a picture of an early prototype wireless transmitter here for you guys:

Alex Maxim

Quote from: NickT on June 29, 2009, 12:24:56 PM
I'm able to share a picture of an early prototype wireless transmitter here for you guys:

Will it work with H3DII?