Shooting Multi-Shot...

Previous topic - Next topic

yongsikshin

Hi, I want to shoot H3DII-39MS using Multi-Shot function in a controlled-environment, like, studio.

Should I make exposure compensation while using Multi-Shot function? Say, if my reading goes like f11 @ 1/100, should I go for f11 @ 1/800 and hit the capture button?
Any useful bits of tips other than this topic regarding MS-shoot would be much appreciated.

Ciao, good day to u all!

Tim Read

Hi

Use exactly the same exposure setting as you would for for single shot.  Just make sure there is no variation in the 4 exposures or movement in the subject / camera as this will result in a pixilation effect.  You should always carefully check the Multi-shots at 100% and shoot a single shot for insurance.  The software will warn you of gross exposure variations and movement but not subtle ones hence the single shot which can be used to "paint" in the areas affected by movement using layers in PS.

Don't be put off by my warnings I shoot multi-shot all the time.  Have ago, you will be amazed at the detail and sharpness a Multi-shot can achieve.

regards
Tim

yongsikshin

Thanks a bunch, Tim. Your advice really does clear up everything.

Yes, I already did a shot without using strobes and I was totally in shock for the quality it can achieve! That shot sure looked like poping out of the screen and it was almost sur-real..

Dustbak

I shoot everything that doesn't move with multishot.

As Tim mentioned shoot like normal. Always make a single shot first and use that to fix parts in the multishot take that aren't perfect.

You will get totally addicted to the quality of multishot, I know I did.

Alan Housel

Yes, it is amazing but even fill cards need to be clamped to stands. If you hand hold them you'll get variations in lighting. Ambient window light can mess up a shot, especially if there is a slight breeze or clouds moving slightly. Even if they're out of frame the color or brightness can change slightly and ruin it. He's right, always keep a single shot handy for blending in areas that might have the slightest movement or lighting variations.