Analog back on H3D not compatible?

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveK

I want to go back to some analog stuff with my H3D. This is why I ordered a Polaroid back and a film back.

When I attach the HM 16-32 film back to my H3D-39 I get the message "Back not compatible". I replaced the (back's) battery but same thing.

Is this normal? I would expect to attach any back to my camera! What can I do? What about the Polaroid back?

Dustbak

On the H3D it should be compatible. On the H3DII it is not compatible. It sounds like you have a H3DII?

SteveK

no its a H3D-39

maybe this is a firmware issue? I have the latest firmware

Dustbak

Send an email to HB for this. This is odd, you should be able to use a filmback on a H3D39.

Paul Claesson

Quote from: SteveK on November 06, 2013, 06:18:48 AM
I want to go back to some analog stuff with my H3D. This is why I ordered a Polaroid back and a film back.

When I attach the HM 16-32 film back to my H3D-39 I get the message "Back not compatible". I replaced the (back's) battery but same thing.

Is this normal? I would expect to attach any back to my camera! What can I do? What about the Polaroid back?

Hello Steve,

The H3D is compatible with the HM16-32, the H3DII is not compatible.
The instant film back should be compatible with the H3D,unfortunately i have not had one in my possession for years and can not test to verify.
I ran a test this morning to confirm this and tested the H3D31 with firmware 2.2.2 and the current release 2.3.1 and both work with the HM16-32.

I suspect that the body is an H3DII body and this is why you are receiving the message "Back not compatible".
The H3D and H3DII look identical and even the have the same badge "H3D" on the grip.
If you provide me the serial number of the body by PM, i reach out to corporate support to confirm exactly what body you have.
I notice that you are located in Germany, you could always check with their support team.

Hasselblad Vertriebsges. mbH
An der Strusbek 32
22926  Ahrensburg
Phone: (04102) 491-01
Fax: (04102) 491-43
Email: info@hasselblad.de
Web: www.hasselblad.de

Paul Claesson
Orbitvu USA
Former Hasselblad Employee

jerome_m

Look on the handle, over the B&W LCD display. On the H3D, the rightmost button says "Drive". On the H3D-II, it says "ISO/WB".