HCD 4.0-5.6/35-90 zoom

Previous topic - Next topic

TimH

Hmm.  I have the same lens and had the same exact problem, though mine happened after several thousand actuations and was no longer under warranty.   I contacted my current Hasselblad dealer (not the one I bought the lens from), they gave me all the relevant information, including the forms I needed.  I shipped it to New Jersey and they got right back to me with an invoice for repair ($341).  The whole process took about 3-4 weeks and was painless and relatively inexpensive.  I had a similar experience with another lens with my former dealer a few years earlier.  Honestly, I cannot say enough good things around Hasselblad support here in the US based on my experience. 

Incidentally, somebody told me that my issue with this lens and the other (HD 210mm F/4) probably are are a result of my long habit of carrying the camera with lens attached slung over my shoulder.  These lenses are too big for such a carry system and put undue pressure on the coupling.  I have since changed my carry habits. 

tim

cerett

The reason I asked about storage is that this lens and the 50-110 are supposed to be stored with the front element up. Not sure if this has anything to do with issues mentioned in this thread.

rem

It's the same with the 35-90mm @cerett

morganhn

Mine just got back from Hasselblad in Sweden.
Replacement of gear unit + General check and adjustment.
Repair cost $864 (incl. handling by the Norwegian service center.)

Are there any precautions one should take to avoid this in the future?

brian

Cerett, this is exactly what I thought could be the problem

tomalmeida

This is unacceptable. Any way to appeal and get your money back?