100-200 zoom

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael H. Cothran

I find myself spending time on The Luminous Landscape site. Many of the members there, including the creator, Michael Reichmann, are Phase One/Mamiya owners. Thus, it occurred to me that one thing I would really like to see in the Hasselblad line-up is a short telephoto zoom. Mamiya has long offered two such lenses, the 75-150, and the 105-210. Pentax also offers similar zooms for their MF system.
A comparable zoom length in the 100-200 range for the H system would be welcomed, providing it was reasonably affordable, AND...didn't weigh a ton. Longer, maybe 100-250 would even be better. It would be a great companion lens to the 35-90 or the 50-110.
For my own, in my old age, I'd rather carry around one zoom than deal with 3 or more prime lenses in the field.

Dustbak

Yeah. I would even like a 120-180 or something. Exactly in this range I often need to work. Below 120 I could use the 100 or 50-110, above 180 rarely happens. I would prefer shorter zoom range with lesser weight over having to carry another baby (50-110) :)