Your suggestions for new accessories and lenses.

Previous topic - Next topic

stpf8

The grip batteries are almost ridiculous:  the don't have much capacity, yet they take forever to charge.  Greatly improve those two aspects of the grip battery and I'd be much happier.
Stephen Penland
www.stephenpenland.com

AndrewN

Fitted rain/dust cover for camera and back or better still weather sealing

Dustbak

I would totally immediately buy 2 things. No... I will order them right now and I want to be the first to have them.

1) H4D80 (It might be a H5 too) as an upgrade for my CF39MS. I get too much moire still with the H4D60.

2) A zoom lens that has a constant aperture and doesn't have T-stop value variation the moment you start zooming in or out. This sounds like an odd wish but I regularly have to photograph items from the same perspective that are varying in size, eg. I have to zoom. Every time I do so I need to adjust my lighting too. It is just 10ths of stop but the lens's T-stops vary with the zoom. This applies to the 35-90 as well as the 50-110 (less). I want a lens that does not have this.

NickT

Quote from: Dustbak on January 20, 2012, 09:59:13 AM

2) A zoom lens that has a constant aperture and doesn't have T-stop value variation the moment you start zooming in or out. This sounds like an odd wish but I regularly have to photograph items from the same perspective that are varying in size, eg. I have to zoom. Every time I do so I need to adjust my lighting too. It is just 10ths of stop but the lens's T-stops vary with the zoom. This applies to the 35-90 as well as the 50-110 (less). I want a lens that does not have this.

Hi Ray
I've never noticed this with my zoom, I wonder if it has anything to do with "True Exposure":

http://www.hasselblad.com/media/2509514/true_exposure_mode.pdf

Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Alex Maxim

Quote from: NickT on January 20, 2012, 01:31:56 PM
Quote from: Dustbak on January 20, 2012, 09:59:13 AM

Hi Ray
I've never noticed this with my zoom, I wonder if it has anything to do with "True Exposure":

http://www.hasselblad.com/media/2509514/true_exposure_mode.pdf

Nick-T

Wow. Nick, does True Exposure tries to compensate even when shooting in manual mode?
I think I need to turn it off.

Alex

Dustbak

Hmmm... this happens when I work in 'repro mode'. Focus, exposure, light, everything is fixed. The only thing I sometimes vary is the focal length. Try doing this with your 35-90 and you will find that there is over half a stop of variation within the zoom range (naturally I am not talking wide open ;), this happens at f11/f16 as well).

After reading the doc it might indeed be the True Exposure function that is bugging me. I will check this. See what happens if cameras start doing the thinking for you?!?! Grr.... I will get back to you guys this weekend. I have another shoot lined up where this can be tested pretty good.

If it is TF that is causing this I will have saved me about 6K Euros :)

So my order is still: 1) H4D80 :)

Dustbak

Well, getting back to you guys. TF definitely does not have something to do with it. It is turned off and still I get this. With the 35-90 more so than the 50-110. Odd thing is that when I zoom in or out and alter the f-stop (and back) the t-stop issue is less. Like the diaphragm blades are a bit sticky. Maybe this has got the do with the body being upside down with the lens facing downwards. Both the 35-90 as well as the 50-110 show this. The 35-90 worse so.

Weird...

David Grover

It is definitely not True Exposure!  Don't switch it off.  It will keep the exposure more constant for sure.

Ill ask about the T-stop variation.

KeithL

Not sure if it's been suggested but I'd really appreciate an L bracket that can be used in conjunction with the Tripod Quick-Coupling H.

Alternatively does anyone know of another manufacturer that makes an equivalent?

Michael H. Cothran

Quote from: KeithL on March 18, 2012, 04:23:44 AM
Not sure if it's been suggested but I'd really appreciate an L bracket that can be used in conjunction with the Tripod Quick-Coupling H.

Alternatively does anyone know of another manufacturer that makes an equivalent?

Only Kirk and RRS to my knowledge, and both require an Arca Swiss mount. And FWIW, there are major differences between these two - Kirk's mounts fore & aft, RRS mounts L & R. Kirk's covers many of the ports on the left side of the camera, RRS does not. Kirk's is about $30 US cheaper.

KeithL

Quote from: Michael H. Cothran on March 18, 2012, 06:14:52 AM
Only Kirk and RRS to my knowledge, and both require an Arca Swiss mount. And FWIW, there are major differences between these two - Kirk's mounts fore & aft, RRS mounts L & R. Kirk's covers many of the ports on the left side of the camera, RRS does not. Kirk's is about $30 US cheaper.

Thanks, much as I thought.

It would be good to have the option of a Hasselblad solution that works in conjunction with their QR system.

Michael H. Cothran

"It would be good to have the option of a Hasselblad solution that works in conjunction with their QR system.[/quote]

Granted, but the Arca Swiss mounting system is so universally accepted. Plus, the "L" brackets made by each company are custom made for a specific cameral AND model. So either one fits securely over your Hassy mounting plate, one for the V, and one for the H. Once in place, you are now ready for anything with Arca Swiss mounts. And if you don't want an "L" bracket, both companies make regular camera plates also, but again, in the Arca Swiss mount.

Not to mention, if you shoot multi-camera brands, it makes a big difference in convenience if they all have the same QR system attached.

KeithL

Richard Naismith

500mm AF lens for H4D.

All the best.

Richard Naismith

Dustbak

This was an old wish list of mine"

1) An 8mm extention ring (thinner than the 13mm anyway).
2) 180mm lens. I often find 150 too short, 210 too long. Besides that the 210 is also to slow with autofocus to do full lenght portrait work.
3) Export of multiple layered PSD files with moire reduction at once. I still can do only 1 file at the time which is a PITA (unless it has been implemented recently and I still export layered PSD files 1 at a time when I use moire reduction just because I don't know better).
4) Enhanced design of the rubber eyepiece of the viewfinder. Take a look at the mouth piece of a scuba regulator. An indentation at the viewfinder, a ridge in which the rubber piece falls secured with a tie-rib or a clip.

Of these I have got.

1) An 8mm extention ring. Check! Even better the new macro adapter functions like an 8 mm extention ring but apparently optically better. I should be receiving this somewhere this month.
2) 180mm lens, NOPE not yet.
3) Export of multiple layered PSD files with moire reduction at once. I have got that however it is still limited to 25maximum and they all need to have noise reduction on. This is on its way but still in progress.
4) Enhanced design of the rubber eyepiece. Got that too but I need to get a H5D for that :)

All in all, things are improving slowly but gradually.