Your suggestions for new accessories and lenses.

Previous topic - Next topic

David Grover

Quote from: hvk on November 17, 2011, 11:20:07 PM

- Focus confrmation with the HTS

/Henrik

It would be nice, but unfortunately another technical impossibility.

HLArt

I wish only a small bit, a Release cord for the H-system what is not continuously broken, and for a serious price also.

Richard M

Mostly what others have requested. A wider wide (HTS compatible of course),  450mm+ that is also teleconverter friendly, a remote release that is sturdy and ideally has a 90 deg plug so it works with HTS, and some means of keeping dust and other stuff in the camera body and away from sensor. Perhaps your own personal "Borrower" with an antistatic cloth!
Oh and a 45-90 deg metered viewfinder. And an L bracket that is GIL user friendly (probably more a RRS or Kirk issue not a Hasselblad problem).
Looking forward to the outcome of this survey.
Regards
Richard

Dustbak

I would like to see;

1) An 8mm extention ring (thinner than the 13mm anyway).
2) 180mm lens. I often find 150 too short, 210 too long. Besides that the 210 is also to slow with autofocus to do full lenght portrait work.
3) Export of multiple layered PSD files with moire reduction at once. I still can do only 1 file at the time which is a PITA (unless it has been implemented recently and I still export layered PSD files 1 at a time when I use moire reduction just because I don't know better).
4) Enhanced design of the rubber eyepiece of the viewfinder. Take a look at the mouth piece of a scuba regulator. An indentation at the viewfinder, a ridge in which the rubber piece falls secured with a tie-rib or a clip.

jeff.grant@pobox.com

+1 for the eyecup. It is a shocker that should have been fixed years ago.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

bzb

- Eyecup improvements
- FW-Cable-Holder (in the kit. not as an accessory)
- Tilt-Shift 35mm or 28mm

Greg

Maybe I am a little aggressive here, but why not?  If Leica can go from making M series cameras, why can't Hasselblad go in the direction of the M series digital cameras?  The difficulty in obtaining a current M series camera or any M series lens is a testament to their desirability and popularity.  All of us who carry the weight associated with Hasselblad, sometimes long for a smaller format when the occasion arises.  Yes, we can go Canikon, but I think the devotees of the M series digital could go that route, too, but they do not.  Leica is making a boat load of money with that series camera, and I think Hasselblad could too.  The camera could be a rangefinder with a full frame 35 mm or maybe just a bit larger so that the pixel size could be larger, therefore allowing more mega pixels.  It could have a digital finder and live view on the display.  In fact, it could be a totally radical departure of which we could only dream.  Make us even happier by having an industrial designer give us a beautiful instrument.  It is amazing how sexy you can make a camera look, especially to us gear hounds.    

When Leica introduced the S series they were relying on their heritage of quality to produce new customers, and Hasselblad could do that as well.  With the narrow market of MFD, it seems like a natural process to go in some other direction to expand markets.  This could be just what is needed for Hasselblad to survive, especially if the near 40 mega pixel 35mm DSLRs come to fruition in the near future.  Yes, I know 35 mm DSLRs still would not give the quality found in the MFD sensors of today, but what else they have up their sleeves is yet to be seen.  My desire (quite selfishly) is for the MFD market to continue, and especially for Hasselblad to continue.

Greg  

KeithL

Greg, I have no inside knowledge and there's no reason why I should have any such knowledge, but I'd be surprised if Hasselblad didn't introduce a smaller more 'mainstream' camera in the not too distant future.

Keith

Greg

Keith,

You are absolutely on target, but a little prodding from current customers couldn't hurt.  (Surely they monitor HDF.)  The new format for Hasselblad is something I sincerely desire, and, as you said, is something that is consistent with common sense.  Thanks for the affirmation.

Greg

Andreas

mharvey65

HLArt,

Make your own!

Maplin Electronic stores in the UK do a 1.5mm to 2.5mm stereo jack hat we use with pocket wizards to fire up to 5 cameras.

Has the advantage of allowing you to be well away from the camera when you trigger it.

Cost of the cable - £1.99

MichaelH

Quote from: HLArt on November 18, 2011, 06:42:40 AM
I wish only a small bit, a Release cord for the H-system what is not continuously broken, and for a serious price also.
Hasselblad H4D50-ms
Hasselblad H3D-39 mk2
Phocus 2.6.5
iMac 27" 2012
OSx 10.7.2

davidthescot

David Grover

Regarding cable release, check out...

www.ioshutter.com

fotografz

First item on my list is like a broken record that I play every year ...

A Focal plane H body for shutter speeds to 1/4000th !!!!! ... with a switch to use the HC lenses in Leaf shutter mode when desired.  Just like the 200 series V cameras did. That would kill anything coming from Phase One before it even got here.

This would also let you use lenses like the 110/2FE, 300/2.8 TeleAPO, and 180/4CFE with the a simple adapter.

Others:

A simple tripod collar for the bigger lenses like the 120 Macro and Zooms ... if necessary, sub-contract it out to Really Right Stuff, they'll do a terrific job.

A flip magnifier for fine manual focus control ... especially when using the HTS/1.5. ... have Bright Screen make this one for Hasselblad, they did a terrific job making ones for the V series cameras.

A 45º metered finder.

Remake the 80mm as a f/1.8 or f/2 lens like Contax/Zeiss did. The HC-80/2.8 is a low value item ... I suspect people have one because it came in the bundle, then get a 100/2.2 and never use the 80. Probably why you can buy one used in great condition for $800. f/1.8 would make it more useful and valuable.

Improve the capacity of the grip battery ... that is over-due.

Get rid of the 50 year old proprietary quick release on the base and go to an Arca release base plate which is the industry standard for most serious work.  I replaced the base cover on my Leica M9s with ones from Really Right Stuff that have an Arca grove cut in them ... for occasional monopod use.

Make the FW800 port like the one on the CFV which is recessed and has a little spring loaded door which helps secure the cord better.

-Marc

rem

yes and a much more faster charger and why not for 2 batterys?!