Lens Wishlist

Previous topic - Next topic

alexkent

i'm starting this thread just for one single, simple, request.
if people do have actual lens requests then this is a space for them too!

all i ask for is;
a simple, reliable, lens-hood attachment latch system.

the current system(s) are awful.
it blows my mind that on £2000+ lenses the frickin' lens hoods can be so badly designed!

NickT

I agree, first gen lens hoods sucked and frequently jammed, I was however under the impression that later versions have been improved, anyone care to comment?

Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

robertpoll

I'd like to see the 50-110 lens fixed so that it's OK to stand it up on it's front element end. Having to stand it up teetering on the camera body end is asking for trouble.  In addition I think the fact that you can't stand it on end the 'normal' way is a sign that something isn't engineered quite as robustly as it should be, and is a sign of potential trouble.

On a more positive note, the lens is incredibly sharp (even compared to a prime) so credit to Hasselblad for that!

...rob
robert poll photography | www.robertpoll.com | +44(0) 7768 466663

mark1958

Where does it state that the  zoom has to be stored in a specific position?  I thought that was a rumor or hearsay based on some defective lenses where the front element came off.

I would like to know how  the 1.5TC TSE adapter works on the H3DII-31. i want to know if there are color shifts with this sensor due to the microlenses.

alexkent

Quote from: mark1958 on September 05, 2008, 09:06:32 AM
Where does it state that the  zoom has to be stored in a specific position?  I thought that was a rumor or hearsay based on some defective lenses where the front element came off.

the explanation i've heard is; the lens should be stored front-element up as if its the other way around the weight of the pieces of glass will slowly distort the plastic spacers between them.

robertpoll

This (scan attached, hopefully) came with the lens. Never heard an explanation of why before!

...rob
robert poll photography | www.robertpoll.com | +44(0) 7768 466663

Dustbak

I have a wish for an extention ring that is even smaller than 13mm. I find myself very often in the range where I am not able to focus without extention ring and when I attach the 13mm I find I have just a little bit too much distance.

mauro risch

I've had the HCD 28mm for 2 months now. It's a spectacular lens.
My wishnow, would be getting a wider lens than a 28mm.
Something in the 18~20mm range.
A lot of distortion and a very aggressive type of lens.
www.maurorisch.com
    0430 383 588

rsmphoto

Quote from: mauro risch on May 08, 2009, 06:42:04 PM
I've had the HCD 28mm for 2 months now. It's a spectacular lens.
My wishnow, would be getting a wider lens than a 28mm.
Something in the 18~20mm range.
A lot of distortion and a very aggressive type of lens.

Yes! But would want it compatible with movement on the HTS. An 18 would get us back to 28. That would be perfect. Hmm, there might be sticker shock with that!

mauro risch

Perfect!!
I'd buy the kit; HTS 1.5 + 18mm.
www.maurorisch.com
    0430 383 588

Aileen

No one asking for faster shooting? higher drive speed and tad faster focus speed would be awesome

Dustbak

Aileen

so if you go abroad to shoot, you take both camera systems with you?  :o

Dustbak

If need be. Yes I would take both. The Nikon D700 plus 2 lenses is so small it goes along the much larger H. It is all depending on what I will be doing. I might even go with just the Nikon. You have to make choices, there is no 'one solution ends all' and if there is most people are currently calling it Canon 5DmkII.

It would be nice to have the lens quality of Digitars/HR, the movements of Sinar P2/P3, the IQ of 50MP multishot, the ergonomics of Nikon, the AF of Nikon, the Video of Canon, etc... all in 1 neat package that would fit in a small bag. I don't see that happening anytime soon, till that moment I just take along what suits me best at that stage.

Choices, choices, choices...

Anyway, I am wondering about the H4 focus system. This is something that I think I will like.

KeithL

Quote from: Dustbak on December 13, 2009, 01:49:43 AM
It would be nice to have the lens quality of Digitars/HR, the movements of Sinar P2/P3, the IQ of 50MP multishot, the ergonomics of Nikon, the AF of Nikon, the Video of Canon, etc...

True, I'd particularly like the lens quality of the Digitars/HR, but let's face it, all choices are a compromise in some way or another.

Having said that, for what I do and for my work I can't see a better compromise than an H system.

Probably why I'm using it  ;)