Eye cup for HV90x

Previous topic - Next topic

dougberry

Does anyone know where I can order a replacement eye cup for HV90x?
Thanks

DavidH

My experience is with the HVD 90 (for digital). I think the eye cup is only available through Hasselblad dealers. I don`t know of any aftermarket units (like Delkin, or Pearstone, etc.).
They are fairly pricey. My dealer suggested a newer style low profile unit that doesn`t fall off so easy.
It was purchased because I know it will be only a matter of time before I loose mine for good.

David

Bill L.

So the eye cup glues on rather than a friction fit (e.g. stretching the center around the eyepiece)?  Mine fell off the other day, and I was trying to figure out how to put it back on.  Sounds like it is no wonder I couldn't get it to fit back on - I wasn't gluing it to anything.
Thanks!
Bill

billrohr

There are two different eyecups.  The longer (deeper) one is very soft and tears very easily.  I finally bought several of the shorter, tougher ones from Hasselblad service ... they change easily in a minute or two if you have the correct screw driver.  Since buying the shorter, tougher ones, I haven't had to replace one.   :) Bill

HLArt

Quote from: billrohr on April 14, 2011, 11:49:37 AM
There are two different eyecups.  The longer (deeper) one is very soft and tears very easily.  I finally bought several of the shorter, tougher ones from Hasselblad service ... they change easily in a minute or two if you have the correct screw driver.  Since buying the shorter, tougher ones, I haven't had to replace one.   :) Bill

But your nose is always on the backscreen with the shorter eyecup, and so the skinfat also, I hate smudgy screens. Sry, thats not a alternative solution for me maybe for somebody else.

djsprat

Mine fell off and I can't find it.  I fashioned a sort of replacement out of an old film canister which actually stays on pretty tight, but is less than ideal.  If anyone knows where to buy a replacement without it costing a mortgage payment, I would consider you a gift obtainer of all things Hasselblad.   Take care.

Greg

Mine fell off, too, but I found it.  When I inquired in August, 2012, about the cost of it with Hasselblad, they said it would be $35.00 plus shipping.  A little super glue has held it on since.

Greg

pflower

It's a really poor piece of design.  I have lost 2 or 3 over the years.  Now I use a plastic cable tie (the type with a ratchet type ) to cinch it on.  So far it has lasted 2 years without a problem.

Hassilistic

Quote from: dougberry on December 02, 2010, 07:51:08 AM
Does anyone know where I can order a replacement eye cup for HV90x?
Thanks
Hi Dougberry, to answer your question, contact the nearest dealership or service center in your area from the drop down menu at the bottom of the hasselblad website.  As for cost, here is a list:
http://static.hasselblad.com/2016/06/Service-charges-1-6-2016.pdf

Good luck