More Power

Previous topic - Next topic

ACorrodi

Dear all
Getting 100 odd shots out of those overengineered LiOn grips is pathetic (plus 2 of my 5 pieces seem to freeze the camera).
I am having some folks in HK working on putting nearly twice the juice into the original grip - or - machine an alternative with 3x the power or more, depending on ergonomics.

Question now: Any interest or am i the only one? If yes, at what price?

Fredi

PS: Have you seen the 24V plug underneath the H4D60 back? Something in the making?

Alex Maxim

100 shots?
I think I get 300-400 from each. Maybe you just need to reset them?

rem

Lucky man, Alex!;-) With my 3 grips I make between 100 and 200. 200 in a short time, 100 when the time goes over a few hours. All grips several times resettet, all grips new (spring 2010).

Alex Maxim

I don't know why. Maybe different cameras/backs? I use h3dII-39. Exposure is usually 1/100-1/500 and ISO 50-100.
Never needed more than two grips for a 3-4 hour shoot with 500+ images.

grandguru

The lithium grips have a memory chip in them to meter the charge in and out but this can get confused if, for example, the battery is left stored for some time and some of the charge is lost but not through use. The result is a 'fuel gauge' that is not accurate. The lithium batteries are very robust and rarely go wrong or lose capacity so use this technique below to reset the 'fuel gauge' (my words).

1. Fully charge a battery pack.
2. Press and hold the menu-flash buttons on the camera.
3. Attach the battery pack to the camera.

A beep lasting the duration of 1.5 seconds will be heard and the factory defaults have been restored.

ACorrodi

Hi there
thanks for the replies. Tried all this, plus the resets, before. my dealer here in Switzerland is exceptionally nice and helpful. No avail.
I think the piece is simply, totally and completely overengineered.
I can follow the "get confused" bit. Two of my grips freeze the camera (H4D50) when about 25% full - looks like the combo doesn't know what to think and tries to protect the image just taken.

Where are my cheap battery packs from my P45 ....  ?

So, if i manage to get 3000+ mAh in a grip, any interest?

Fredi

rem

Yes Fredi, I'm interested. And in Switzerland like you.;-) rem

ACorrodi

working on it, meanwhile, check this out.

Glued a base plate to a power booster (LiOn 8000mAh, USB, 9-12V and 16-20V output)
Cut a FW cable and connected the current only wires to respective plu
Voila

FW is certified to 7-20V, Mac output is 7.5V I think, Image Bank is 9.6V