About this board

Previous topic - Next topic

NickT

Welcome to "The Lenses"
This board is intended to serve as a reference for people wanting to learn more about Hasselblad lenses.

Posting is restricted to full members of this forum.

If you are linking to an image that you host please keep the image under 1000px wide as these are displayed inline with your post.

If you are attaching an image (ie uploading it) you can attach anything up to 4000 KB and the forum software will display it at a small size (click to see larger).

Feel free to add comments to your images, certainly exposure information would be very useful.

I'll delete any posts where the image is far too big or over compressed or where the media is offline.

Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Alex Maxim

Nick,
you could make this topic 'sticky' with the requirements for the Lens section.
IMO it's best if the samples fit the screen. 900 px wide max sounds reasonable.

jeff.grant@pobox.com

I've just added a couple to the 210. Just need a 50 now.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

pchong

While I certainly can appreciate that we need smaller pictures...to fit the screen and also make downloads less painful for those on the road, but this being Hasselblad...where the catch phrase is SIZE IS EVERYTHING...perhaps a compromise...a smaller thumbnail style pic in line with the post, and click to a larger pic. I have tried to do that on my blog. See http://peter-chong.blogspot.com...1024 wide in line, and opens to 1920 wide...though I have encountered issues of people using my images without paying, I think its a better way to show the color depth, tonality, and resolution of the equipment.

I leave the full exif on my jpegs. But agree that a short blurb on exposure setting would be helpful.

BTW, what is the rationale for 900 pixels? Most screens are either 800 pixels wide (ancient, I guess), or 1024. And many better screens are 1600 or 1920 wide.

Quote from: NickT on October 29, 2010, 08:44:48 AM
Hi Guys
Please note this is a temporary topic and I will be deleting!

The plan is to take this whole board ("The Lenses") and move it into the public section so the whole world can see it. I will however restrict it so that ONLY full members (ie you guys) can post to the board. Sound good?

Can I also suggest we try and keep the image posted to something like 900 px wide at max?

I think a couple of lenses are missing samples, would be good to have at least one sample for each lens before we make it public.

Any other thoughts?

Nick-T

TareqPhoto

I can post smaller here, but i can post larger by requests.

KeithL

Quote from: NickT on October 29, 2010, 08:44:48 AM
The plan is to take this whole board ("The Lenses") and move it into the public section so the whole world can see it. I will however restrict it so that ONLY full members (ie you guys) can post to the board. Sound good?

Sounds very good.

At Derek's suggestion I've also added exposure info.

Keith

stephanbruehl

I've just added examples for the use of the HTS with different lenses. I also tried to link the pictures to the individual lens sections, but that didn't work very well (or I don't know how to do it).
Best, Stephan.

Alex Maxim

I decided to add 100% crops with details. Hopefully it will give some additional info regarding the lens sharpness, ISO noise etc.
Feel free to share yours :)

Alex

Dick Roadnight

Hi, Nick...
What about doing a cross-reference system, so that readers can pick pictures by lens (as is now) or see images for subject types, and asses which lens they like for their application?

Portrait
Architecture
interiors
landscapes
townscapes
sport
?
H4D-60, 50-100mm, 300mm, CF, Flexbody, P3

NickT

Please note I'll move topics that aren't lens reviews or sample images to keep this area on-topic, I'll put re-direction notices up and then remove those after a few days.
Hope that's O.K
Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

saxo

Hello,

I'm looking for information about Zeiss lenses used either with the 500er system (cfv) or the H-system (adapter). Where can I find information about Zeiss lenses used with digital backs? Thanks!

Martin