HC 2.2/100

Previous topic - Next topic

Bild i Fokus

Sunset in Sweden.

Hasselblad H4D-50 | HC 2,2/100 | f16 | 1/800s | iso 50

DALGO

My favourite Hasselblad lens for wedding portrait photography. Especially by night and at dawn.

I like the blurred background you can get at f/2.2, even if you are standing far from the subject :

HC 2.2/100 on H3DII-50 @ f/2.2 - 1/125s - iso200

The bokeh is pleasant too :

HC 2.2/100 on H3DII-50 @ f/2.8 - 1/500s - iso50

jerome_m

For the following test, I took a series of pictures at the end of a field with the camera slanted so that the horizon goes from corner to corner. Then I rotated the pictures and cut a small strip from corner to centre. The idea is to test the lens best aperture for a landscape picture.

ksporry

Curious about something. So people seem to believe this legs is faster than the 150mm. I'm curious how much faster this lens focused. I just stepped into MF for the first time (starting with a h1 and p30, which is what I can afford, rising dinner money for a portrait lens). Coming from DSLR land, I shoot my portraits mostly around 135 (the canon 135/2 is my favourite). O never go below 100 on 35mm. So the 100 on the p30 is a bit wider than I like to shoot with, but of the AF speed makes up for that, I might accept it as a compromise...

bgateb

Test shot from a recent assignment, with our stylist as a stand in.

H6D-50, 100/2.2 Orange Dot.

Greg

Stylist?  Wow, she is amazing.  Beautiful model, beautiful work!

Greg

Chriscove

Is the an difference in quality between the orange dot and older lens?

morganhn

Quote from: Chriscove on March 29, 2018, 11:23:45 AM

New shutter; 1/2000 max shutter speed (incl. flash sync) when used on a H6D. Rated for 1.000.000 actuations.

CleanLivin

For strictly Landscape work, tripod always, ASA 100 with a H4D 60, is this lens really going to offer anything to me compared to the substantially lesser cost of thee 80mm?
Jack Brady
Chapel Hill, NC USA
http://www.shadowsdancing.com

sog1927

Quote from: Chriscove on March 29, 2018, 11:23:45 AM

In addition to the faster shutter, the orange dot lens supports autofocus on an X1D with the XH adapter.

jerome_m

Quote from: CleanLivin on February 09, 2020, 04:03:15 AM
For strictly Landscape work, tripod always, ASA 100 with a H4D 60, is this lens really going to offer anything to me compared to the substantially lesser cost of thee 80mm?

Not really, no. It is not a landscape lens. Higher up this page, you have slanted horizon pictures from me. I did the same pictures with the 80mm for you to compare.

Giorgio

This is one of my favorites from this lens, actress Nina Arianda hand held long shutter speed. NYC downtown, weekday mid afternoon.

Then there is the other side of the spectrum, Marloes in studio.

Quite a useful lens, the HC 2.2/100.

timezac

The couple of times I've rented an HC 100mm for projects, its proved to be an amazing lens. Incredible detail, rendering, and fast to focus. Its also been handy for product work.

Below is an image from a portrait session with photographer Anthony Friedkin where I used the 100mm.