HC 2.2/100

Previous topic - Next topic

NickT

Please use this thread to post reviews, opinions and images from the HC 2.2/100

Here is a link to the technical data for the HC 2.2/100:

http://hasselblad.com/media/76b1ac67-ab66-4a52-a2a3-403ad4af21f0-HC100.pdf
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

NickT

I have to say that the 100mm is probably my favourite lens. It's light fast to focus and I love the short DOF at 2.2.
This is typical of the sort of stuff I shoot with it (straight out of camera):

Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

symbolphoto

Agreed, it's one of my favorites as well.

MW

Doris, 92.

Alex Maxim

f/11:

100% (f/11, ISO50):

100 + 26mm tube @ f/10:

100% (f/10, ISO50):

f/2.2, 1/90sec, ISO200, handheld:

f/2.2, 1/45sec, ISO50:

f/2.2, 1/200sec, ISO200, handheld:

Ennio Fazer

This has to be one of my favorite lenses and I can't believe that more shooters haven't zeroed in on it.
I have a few samples at: http://www.hasselblad.com/promotions/did-you-miss-photokina-2010.aspx
These were shot under theatre lights at ISO 200 and the lens was almost wide open.
Your mind is like a parachute - it works best when it is open

HLArt

symbolphoto

TareqPhoto

I really want to get this lens, but first i want to have a zoom then later i can add this 100 to my collection.

Barry Goyette

I purchased this lens at the beginning of the year, just as I was experimenting with "digital tintypes" (which has me dumbing down the H4d with 10 stops of neutral density and full blue filtration giving me a wet collodian-like BW conversion and 1-2 second exposures wide open in full sun.) I like that this lens is very sharp at 2.8 or 3.2, much better than the 80mm, and that i can throw out the background and foreground on a full length portrait.

symbolphoto

That's a very interesting exposure method you've got there... so you use the blue and ND filter together? What version of the blue filter are you using?

Barry Goyette

I've been using a standard deep blue filter (I forget the number) on some images, and on others just using the blue filter in Phocus (actually a pretty tweaked version of it). The result is similar...darkening foliage and ruddying up the skin tones... here's another using the phocus filter instead of a filter on the lense. Most of these I've been shooting in direct sun, having the models stare into it (just like my momma and kodak taught me back in the 60's). This particular day had no sun, so I dispensed with the ND as well...which is primarily there to slow the shutter speeds down.

symbolphoto

Barry, that's an interesting setup for sure.

ok i finally had time to play around. A self portrait. 4 lights.

Video of the setup:  http://vimeo.com/16556531

Enjoy.

ACorrodi

I just love cows ... and the 100/2.2

ACorrodi

More shots - all handheld.

The 100 to me is the most usable lens in the whole lineup IMHO. Small (-ish), fast ... makes the H-beasts almost as usable as a D3X. I love the colors it renders. This to the H-series is the Noctilux (1.0) to the M9 ... the one lens camera combo? perhaps Hasselblad does a similar upgrade to 1.8 or so that Leica did from 1.0 to 0.95? Like a lot sharper but retaining the "wrong" but just beautiful wide open rendering?

This would go on my lens wishlist - a very fast, "normal" angle lens of Noctilux qualities. Would pay any money for that, like I payed for the Leica glass.

F

PS: Anybody out there shooting M9 and all the Lux glass, too? Ever done a per ounce price comparison? :-))