HC 2.8/80

Previous topic - Next topic

maubwana

hi Stephan thanks for the comment - honestly i am battling a little with loading onto the site - can you give me a step by step on an export from aperture to ensure seeing the whole pic? thanks dean

stephanbruehl

Quote from: maubwana on November 11, 2010, 02:32:38 AM
hi Stephan thanks for the comment - honestly i am battling a little with loading onto the site - can you give me a step by step on an export from aperture to ensure seeing the whole pic? thanks dean
you just have to resize the picture (scale down to 900 Px width) and create a smaller copy on hard disk before upload.

rem

here a try with the 80mm HC. Sharpening default 100 in Phocus. I like the lens!

rem

Ist such a strong CA normal??? H4D40 80mm2.8HC... The lens correction was on, but thers seems to be no difference between on and off!

perjorgen

Quote from: rem on November 16, 2010, 12:32:21 AM
Ist such a strong CA normal??? H4D40 80mm2.8HC... The lens correction was on, but thers seems to be no difference between on and off!
I dont think it is Chromatic aberration that you see - it is more likely heavy edge diffraction which occurs when you have a sharp light source behind a sharp edge

Alex Maxim

Yes, it comes from serious overexposure of the background. I think you can get it with any lens.
When you light the background, make sure you just barely make it 255, don't overdo for more than half a stop.

rem

Thanks Per and Alex. Here is the hole pic. Interesting (?) is, that I can see nothing in the tower behind and the edges of the roofs... I will attend more about that!

Monty Rakusen

Hi
I get this all the time with the 100.
I've made a history action in PS and that gets rid of it well.
contact me if you need to know how.

Monty

symbolphoto

Weird, i've yet to see it. I'm curious to your method though Monty. Can you post it? I do get it with some Canon lenses. I usually just pull back the saturation on the magenta assuming the subject doesn't have magenta in it.

KeithL

This is indeed weird. I've never seen anything like it.

Alex Maxim

The sky is probably a couple or more stops brighter than the rest. It happens. If you expose, to make sure the sky is not blown out and then fix the shadows in phocus or PS it would be better.
You can use Hue/Saturation filter to get rid of the fringing. Set it to magenta, lower the saturation and adjust start and end points to include all the fringing. Hope it helps.

rem

Tanks to all for the answers about my purple problem. I was a few days in the mountains to work and had no time to surf. So I will later try when the problem with the lenses starts. With the 28mm direct into the suns, white snow.... absolute no problem!  lg, rem

MW

MW

Helicopter Aerial
Wind Surfing
1/500th ƒ4 100ISO

Alex Maxim

Quote from: rem on November 24, 2010, 03:18:07 AM
Tanks to all for the answers about my purple problem. I was a few days in the mountains to work and had no time to surf. So I will later try when the problem with the lenses starts. With the 28mm direct into the suns, white snow.... absolute no problem!  lg, rem

Rem, just the sun will not cause the fringing. You need contrast. For example dark tree branches over the sun or over bright sky. Or another dark object.

Alex