HC 3.5/35

Previous topic - Next topic

NickT

Please use this thread to post reviews, opinions and images from the HC 3.5/35.

Here is a link to the technical data for the HC 3.5/35:

http://hasselblad.com/media/1f9ad1ce-5a29-49cc-97c5-244a70f5d446-HC35.pdf
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

desertdiver

A few desert scapes taken with HC35 on H2 and P20

Jacephoto

SteveK

The HC 35 is cutting sharp even with an aperture at 3,5. However, it does not get wide scenes as I expected it. Compared to my Nikon the HC35 is equivalent to a 31mm wideangle (which might depend on the actual sensor). This is why for landscapes or small rooms I might rather go for the HCD28.

Anyway, the quality of the HC35 is always surprising me. This sample was made @ f3,5 and 2,5sec

This 100% snipped of the middle part shows the full details in full sharpness (only default Phocus sharpness @amount 100 and radius 1 used). Showing all these little details in the picture leaves no doubt that this lens is top.
However, I found out that the Phocus lens correction (most of all lens distortion correction) takes some of its sharpness. Below you find one sample with lens correction off (left) and lens correction on (right). When you look at the statues at the upper part of the picture you will see clearly how the lens correction takes sharpness out of the picture. Though it is not a big deal, it might make sense to use this lens correction feature carefully if sharpness has priority.

This 100% snipped is taken from the right edge showing typical signs of an open aperture (less sharp, little distortion). Also here the lens correction takes more sharpness from the picture (left off / right on)

BLASR

BlasR

jeff.grant@pobox.com

Really lovely work.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

Piotr Jaxa

H4D-40, 35 mm lens. F 4. T 1/20 / 200 ASA. + POLARIZER filter. Two pictures steaches together. May 2011, Romainmôtier, Switzerland.
Great lens for me more universal than 28 mm.
Photographer & cinematographer

Piotr Jaxa

Model: Hasselblad H4D-40
Shutter Speed: 1/60 second
Aperture: F 8
Focal Length: HC 3.5/35 mm
ISO Speed: 100
CPO filter
Light Broncolor Mobil
3 pictures stitched together
Date Taken: May, 2011
Moscow, Russia
Cinematographer Andrey Naidanov, from book & exhibition project "Cinematographers"
www.jaxa.com/ photography/cinematographers

Ed Bray

My first time out with the 35mm HC. I was very pleasantly surprised by the lack of distortion and it's sharpness.

Personally, I prefer the mono images:

100% Crop from original size.

shortpballer

Got my first big break living in Paris and got lucky enough to for a big designer which must be unnamed at this time. Shot with Phase One P30+ and 35mm HC. C&C please

GeorgeTelis

HC 3.5/35 is one of the Hasselblad's sharpest lens. It's contrast and color rendition is astonishing. It is a bit bulky but this is something to be expected for a high quality MF lens.

Photo details:

H4D 31
ISO100
f12
13sec

Martin

Hi, just played a little bit with the lense, and it seems to be quite sharp, quite ok.
I tried to work on my first HDR picture and attached a 100% crop too.
What do you think, sharp enough?
best, Martin

DGB

Piotr Jaxa

Model: Hasselblad H4D-40
Shutter Speed: 1/30 second
Aperture: F 5.6
Focal Length: HC 3.5/35 mm
ISO Speed: 100
CPO filter
3 pictures stitched together