HTS 1.5

Previous topic - Next topic

meshuggener

merci jérôme :) en plus j'ai les deux et j'ai jamais essayé  ;D ;D
www.matantoniassi.com
www.facebook.com/matantoniassi

hlop

Hi All,

I've got an HTS 1.5 recently and pretty happy with that, except on little thing - attached to H4D50 with 28mm, no lens shade, and with full 18mm shift in landscape position for panorama, it starts making quite a vignetting. Here come 2 questions:
1) Does anyone else experience the same?
2) What about 24mm? Does it produce vignetting with HTS? It's also HCD lens and while I was planning to get it in the future, I have some reasonable doubts about it

Cheers,
Mike

jerome_m

On a 50 mpix sensor, the HCD 28mm will show a slight corner vignette at max shift (±18mm), but Phocus corrects it if you check "lens corrections". I tested at f/8, maybe vignetting  is worse full open.

shaun

Jerome

Could you please explain how you merge for long exposures. If I want a 5 minute exposure do I overexpose all the frames?

Shaun

jerome_m

You take 5 frames of 1", correctly exposed, and merge them as layers with an opacity of 20% (20=100/5).

Edit: the correct values for merging 5 images are 1, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4 and 1/5, so 100%, 50%, 33%, 25% and 20%. My mistake.

shaun

Jerome

ok Thanks for that will give it a go.

Shaun

jerome_m

This is a sample of the HCD 4.8/24 on the HTS. The lens is shifted 11.5 mm. The pictures is scaled down by 50%.

davidthescot

Hi everyone

I have tried to use the HTS twice before but gave up due to focus errors.  Now that I have an H6D I thought that I would try again and wow!  The new live view with a loupe on the back screen is brilliant - highly recommended as a must have accessory if you shoot, food, product or architecture.

Hassilistic

Thanks David, I'll definitely rent one just for that reason alone, and try it out.