H System Battery reset

Previous topic - Next topic

jerome_m

Just one quick note, since this problem has happened to a few users lately: the new higher capacity batteries which were introduced with the H5D (and are now the only ones available) will work erratically in the H1-H4D cameras unless you upgrade the body firmware to the new version. The reset procedure will also not work unless the firmware is upgraded.

mharvey65

Evening all (London)

Can anyone confirm if the battery reset works for the new H6D and it's new batteries?? Also, there is no longer a 'flash' button. It is now the 'play' / display backlight button...?

Many thanks,

Michael
Hasselblad H4D50-ms
Hasselblad H3D-39 mk2
Phocus 2.6.5
iMac 27" 2012
OSx 10.7.2

froesner

Hi everyone

I have the same question: does the reset still work with the H6D (100c)? and if so, how (as there is a different layout of buttons)

Thanks
Frank

froesner

Following up on my last post: now the new battery which came with the 100c does not load anymore. The LED on the charger shows that it is supposed to be fully charged (green), but when I attach it to my camera the status bar indicates 'empty'. Fortunately I still have some older batteries from my previous body, so I can manage today's shooting

Any advice?

Cheers
Frank

NickT

As far as I can tell the battery reset trick still works with the H6D by pressing and holding WB and "play" (middle button on the right) while attaching the battery. The LCD on the H6D flashes which I assume is instead of the beeps.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Michael H. Cothran

Getting ready for a landscape & birding photo trip to Florida next week, and thought I'd reset my three H batteries (2-1850 mAh, and 1-2900 mAh). I have an H4D/50.

Observation - When I depress & hold the flash button, then the menu button, and then insert the battery, nothing beeps on any of the three batteries. When I reverse the order (pushing down the menu button, THEN the flash button), each battery responds correctly with the beeps. Maybe it was just a glitch, but I would certainly think that the order in which the flash & menu buttons are depressed (whether simultaneously or in a succession) should make no difference in the functioning of the reset.

Question - To date, I've been resetting my fully charged battery, then shooting. Now, after reading some of these posts, it seems that after resetting, I should charge again for another 12 hours. Correct? Maybe that's why I've never seen an improvement in my batteries after resetting. Duh!

NickT

Yes the idea is to reset then give them a full charge.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

ndwgolf

What buttons to press on the H6D?
Thanks

Neil

Wilson Fang

Here is the battery reset instructions . I get them from H6D manual. Hope that helps for you all.
Follow the procedure below to synchronize.
1 Charge the battery to full capacity (charge between 4-12 hours). Remember to plug the charger into the battery first, then plug the charger into the outlet.
2 Once charged remove the battery from the charger. Do not attach the battery to the camera.
3 Without the battery attached, simultaneously press and hold the Menu and WB button on the grip. The menu button is the top button on the right with the video icon and the three white lines.
4 Continue holding these two buttons and attach the battery to the camera. If you hear a beeping sound, then the re-programming of the battery is successful, otherwise repeat steps 2 and 3 until the sound is heard.
5 Turn on the camera and confirm battery status has been reset to 100%.
6 Camera and battery are now ready for use.

ndwgolf

Quote from: Wilson Fang on July 11, 2018, 04:29:21 PM
Here is the battery reset instructions . I get them from H6D manual. Hope that helps for you all.
1 Charge the battery to full capacity (charge between 4-12 hours). Remember to plug the charger into the battery first, then plug the charger into the outlet.
2 Once charged remove the battery from the charger. Do not attach the battery to the camera.
3 Without the battery attached, simultaneously press and hold the Menu and WB button on the grip. The menu button is the top button on the right with the video icon and the three white lines.
4 Continue holding these two buttons and attach the battery to the camera. If you hear a beeping sound, then the re-programming of the battery is successful, otherwise repeat steps 2 and 3 until the sound is heard.
One step missing
Follow all of the above but "REMOVE THE DIGITAL BACK FIRST"..............I tried the original steps above and couldn't get it to beep, I googled it and it states remove the digital back first, I did that and "Bobs your Uncle" the grip made a buzzing sound and my battery now shows full.
Thanks

Neil

Wilson Fang

Thanks for sharing. Good information.

DJPixelMan

Quote from: ndwgolf on July 12, 2018, 11:46:47 AM
One step missing
Follow all of the above but "REMOVE THE DIGITAL BACK FIRST"..............I tried the original steps above and couldn't get it to beep, I googled it and it states remove the digital back first, I did that and "Bobs your Uncle" the grip made a buzzing sound and my battery now shows full.
Thanks

Neil

Yes, yes, yes...it worked for me on a battery that has been giving me 1/2 full for months after an all night charge. Now shows 100%. Had to do the Menu/WB button pressing twice to get it to work. I bleeped rapidly several times, but only after the second try did the battery indicate 100%. Excellent. Thank you!

Regards
David

ndwgolf

Quote from: DJPixelMan on July 24, 2018, 03:59:16 AM
Quote from: ndwgolf on July 12, 2018, 11:46:47 AM
One step missing
Thanks

Neil

Yes, yes, yes...it worked for me on a battery that has been giving me 1/2 full for months after an all night charge. Now shows 100%. Had to do the Menu/WB button pressing twice to get it to work. I bleeped rapidly several times, but only after the second try did the battery indicate 100%. Excellent. Thank you!

Regards
David
Fantastic David

Neil