H System Battery reset

Previous topic - Next topic

pchong

Ok, will give the contacts some booze... ;D

meshuggener

forget about Bourbon. It's too sticky ahahaha ;D
I used pure ethanol at 99.9%. Hard to find and to buy but works well.
www.matantoniassi.com
www.facebook.com/matantoniassi

pchong

Redid the reset 2 more times, and rubbed contacts with methelated spirit for good measure. Battery shows 100%, went for shoot...at end of shoot...165 frames, battery shows 65%. the battery lives to shoot another day.

Thanks for tips.

meshuggener

www.matantoniassi.com
www.facebook.com/matantoniassi

Giorgio

This is a great thread, very useful information for a location guy like me running 7 batteries for my camera.
Thanks to all!

cerett

I just charged two batteries. The camera indicated that one was at a 100% and the other at 5%. Does this mean that the second battery is spent or just that a reset for this particular battery is required? Thank you.

mauro risch

I would charge both batteries again, for at least 12hrs.
After that, a reset for both.
www.maurorisch.com
    0430 383 588

xthunder

I also had some trouble resetting a battery on my H3DII-39 but after resetting different battery successfully, I was able to reset the problematic battery and got the 100% back from it.  Right after I reset them, I re-charge them overnight just to be sure of getting them fully charged.

Performing this with no lens and no viewfinder is the trick!!!

Thank you.

jlm

damn...did i kill my H2?

just got a new (to me) H2 with battery.  i have two other H batteries from my previous H3 (H3 now gone).  charged one battery for four hours, checked out the H2, worked great.  charged two batteries 12 hrs.

then I read this reset thread, thought i should get my batteries up to snuff:

flash/menu, insert battery, got the fast beeping, did all three

now H2 will not turn on with any of them, even after 4 hrs more charge (slow blinking light on charger)

oops...got it to work, must be a senstitive on switch as persistent push-hold did the trick

NickT

I doubt very much you have killed your batteries.. Are you pressing and holding the power button?

Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Richard Naismith

I did the reset trick as described by Nick, and then recharged my 4 batteries, but then I thought I'd check them by doing the reset thing again. A couple of them gave off the fast beeps again, so I recharged them again.

Is this to be expected - that we may have to reset them more than once? Or is something else wrong?

Richard

Giorgio

The H batteries are a consumable item they have a limited life span like all rechargeable batteries made by every other manufacturer on the planet.

Just because you can reset the battery to show a 100% charge does not mean that it is holding a 100% charge of a new battery.

Think of your cell phone, it has a rechargeable battery but after a few years of service you will have to replace the battery because it will no longer hold a charge.

cerett

Hi - Make sure you remove the viewfinder when doing the reset

cerett

One more thing - I believe the beeping will occur whenever you do a reset. It has nothing to do with the ability of the battery to accept a charge or the current status of the battery. BTW, anybody know when the new batteries will be available?

Douglas Fairbank @ Classic V

In my experience the batteries lasted very well and rarely fell below 80% nominal capacity when checked with a dedicated battery analyser. Keep the contacts clean, perform a reset from time to time, don't drop them, there is not much else to say.
Owner of Classic V, support for Hasselblad V system cameras. www.classicv.co.uk